Friday, January 13, 2012

Retracing Steps

I spent the night today, scavenging for things untouched and stumbled upon my personal high school scrapbook. I've kept it for quite some time now. Naw, just two years, but one forgets quite a lot in two little years. I left myself a message and it was uplifting. I felt as if I've went back in time and shook my own hand. I forgot this side of myself seeing as, we're all growing up so fast now. I'm forgetting where I've been brought up. I'm forgetting myself as a more ambitious me-- dreaming without fear and this played as a wake up call.

I've been so glum, lately and I can't figure out why, but maybe it's not because I'm sad. Maybe it's the fact that I've stop living. I've stop drawing and singing (badly to myself) and eating all I want and just painting for the heck of it. Or just-- not being so darn harsh on myself. To just be, do the things I wanna do and live.

My own words of wisdom for myself-- a positive reminder,
"Although time never stops, trivial collections such as these will forever live on as past reminders. Thus meaning... I must continue my path and strive forward for a bright and better future."
Myself, LQHS Senior, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment